With specialised monthly healthcare auctions and a comprehensive direct private treaty sale programme, British Medical Auctions is at the forefront of the UK's healthcare remarketing industry.
How Do I Buy from British Medical Auctions?
Live medical equipment auction sales are held at our salesroom where buyers can take part and bid in person, via our live Simulcast auction platform on our website complete with video and audio streaming, via live telephone bidding or via pre-sale commission bidding, ensuring a fully interactive experience for bidders from across the globe. We also hold timed online auction sales via our website.
How Do I Take Part in the Live Auction Online?
You will need to register with our online auction partner prior to taking part online.
1) To Create an account click here.
2) Complete your basic information and read/agree to the Proxibid user agreement
3) Enter your shipping information, select a security question, and click “Next”
4) Provide your billing information to complete your account
5) Check your email for a message from Proxibid. Follow the instructions to validate your account.
6) Log into your new account Log in to your new account
7) Click the “Log In” link at the top of the page
8) Enter your username and password
To Take Part in a Live auction
1) On the Auction page identify the live event you wish to participate in.
2) Click the “Enter Live Auction” button to join the auction (this is only available once the sale has begun)
3) A new browser window will open. You will be prompted to launch the application and to place your bids.
To Take Part in a Timed auction
1) Choose the event on the Auction page
2) Navigate to the item detail page featuring the item you want
3) Click the “Bid Now” button
4) Confirm your bid on the summary screen
How do I Leave a Prebid or Commission Bid in a Timed or Live Auction?
Our online bidding platform enables buyers to leave a pre-bid or commission bid, up to the maximum they are willing to pay for an item. Our system will bid on the buyer’s behalf until the maximum amount has been reached, so you never miss an item. Submitting a prebid is quick and easy:
1) Navigate to the item detail or catalogue page for the item of interest
2) Click the “Enter maximum bid” link under the “Bid Now” button
3) Enter the maximum dollar amount you’re willing to bid and click the “Place Bid” button. Be sure to click “Confirm Bid” to complete the process.
4) Your maximum bid is now submitted and can be tracked in the “My Items” tab of MyProxibid
How do I Pay for my Items?
Full payment instructions are included on your invoice, invoices are sent following completion of the auction, or can be generated during an auction on request. Payments are accepted by BACS, credit or debit card over the telephone or in cash in-person (maximum £3000). If paying by cash, proof of ID will be required.
When do I have to Pay and Collect for my Items?
All invoices must be paid in full prior to collection, the deadline for completion of payments and collections is midday on the Friday following the auction. All dates are included in the Terms and Conditions for each auction.
How Do I Arrange Shipping?
All items, unless specified in the description, are sold ex-warehouse from our salesrooms, it is the buyers responsibility to pay for and arrange collection of items. Our warehouse is open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. We can provide a packaging service to enable collections by courier to take place, please contact our office for pricing.