Medical Auctions (BMA) Ltd trading as British Medical Auctions (“BMA”, “we” “us” or “our”) are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This Privacy Notice sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
2. information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services including auction purchases, auction lot sales and auction lot purchases;
3. information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us for Selling, Bidding, or Buying at auction; contact information such as First Name, Last Name, Company Details, Billing Address, Shipping Address, Phone Number, Email Address.
4. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Our auction services provider may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Use of your personal information
Personal information submitted to us via this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy notice or in relevant parts of the website. We may use your personal information to:
1. administer your account on the website. We do this as it is necessary for the performance of a contract. We keep your personal information for as long as required for this purpose;
2. send to you confirmation of goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website. We do this as it is necessary for the performance of a contract. We keep your personal information for as long as required for this purpose;
3. send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you. We do this as it is necessary for the performance of a contract. We keep your personal information for as long as required for this purpose;
4. send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications. We do this as it is necessary for the performance of a contract. We keep your personal information for as long as required for this purpose;
5. send you email notifications which you have specifically requested. We do this within your legitimate interests - i.e. to respond to your contact request. We keep your personal information for as long as required for this purpose;
6. send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business by email or similar technology. We do this within our legitimate interests - i.e. to promote our business to existing customers. We keep your personal information for as long as required for this purpose;
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy notice. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
1. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
3. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
5. to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy notice, we will not provide your information to third parties.
International data transfers
To deliver our services, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside of the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA), for example:
- with your or our service providers located outside of the EEA
- if you are based outside the EEA
These non-EEA countries do not have the same data protection laws as he UK and the EEA. We will, however, ensure the transfer complies with data protection law and all personal information will be secure. Our standard practice is to use standard data protection contract clauses with service providers outside of the UK or EEA.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet. You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
We may update this privacy notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our privacy notice by email.
We use the Facebook Retargeting service to advertise on Facebook to previous visitors to our Website. Facebook Retargeting is a retargeting and behavioural targeting service provided by Facebook.
Facebook Retargeting displays relevant advertisements to you based on pages of www.britishmedicalauctions.co.uk that you have viewed by placing a cookie on your computer. Importantly this cookie does not identify you does not in any way identify you or give us access to your computer. The cookie allows us to show you relevant advertisements across the Facebook Network based on your previous browsing of www.britishmedicalauctions.co.uk.
Google Ads Retargeting
Google Ads Remarketing is a Remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Google. It connects the activity of www.britishmedicalauctions.co.uk with the Ads advertising network.
We use Google Ads Remarketing to advertise British Medical Auctions throughout the Internet. Ads remarketing displays relevant ads to you based on pages of British Medical Auctions that you have viewed. It does this by placing a cookie on your machine. Importantly this cookie does not in any way identify you or give us access to your computer. The cookie allows us to show you relevant adverts across the Google Advertising Network based on your previous browsing of www.britishmedicalauctions.co.uk.
You can opt out of Google Ads Remarketing by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads
You can opt out of all third party cookie advertising by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You may do this us by email to email@example.com
Data Subject Rights
lease let us know if the personal information which The GDPR gives several rights that apply in different situations, such as the right to:
1. ask to see what data we process for you - this is called a subject access request (SAR)
2. withdraw any consent you have given to process any of your personal data
3. ask us to rectify inaccuracies - and we ask that you keep us up to date with any changes to your contact details
4. request erasure of your personal data
5. object to us processing your personal data
6. request restriction to processing data concerning you (normally this would be while we look at an objection to us processing your data. There are other situations where this applies too, get in touch if you need more info)
7. portability of your data - in some cases you can request your data in a form that makes it easy to take to another controller
If you would like more information about your rights or would like to use any of them, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) using the contact details below.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to contact our Data Protection Officer, please write to us by email to email@example.com
Document version: Version 1.2
Document issued: 08/12/2021
Our next auction
11 Aug 2022 - 17 Aug 2022 11:00 AM BSTAdd to Calendar 11 Aug 2022 17 Aug 2022 August 2022 Ambulance Equipment